LASER HAIR REMOVAL FAQs | Worcester, MA
What precautions should be taken before and after laser hair removal?
- Avoid the sun 4-6 weeks before and after or until your practitioner allows it.
- You must avoid electrolysis, plucking or waxing hair for 6 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you have had a history of perioral herpes, prophylactic antiviral therapy may be prescribed.
- If you have a dark skin type, a bleaching cream may be started 4-6 weeks before treatment to optimize results.
- You should discuss your desired results and the improvements you expect to achieve with your practitioner. Together you can decide if your expectations will be met and if this laser treatment is the best option.
How many laser hair removal treatments will I need?
Hair grows in cycles. The number of laser hair removal treatments required depends on your skin color, hair color, and coarseness of the hair. Everyone will require at least 2-3 treatments as the process is only effective on hair during the early growing cycle. Repeat sessions will be necessary to treat these follicles when they re-enter the early growth phase.
Is laser hair removal covered by insurance?
Most insurance companies do not offer reimbursement for cosmetic procedures, including laser hair removal . However, consult with your insurance carrier for more information.
Why choose GentleLASE laser hair removal?
Traditional hair removal techniques, such as shaving, plucking, waxing, and depilatory creams provide only temporary relief. Until now, the only recognized way to remove hair permanently has been electrolysis-which can be tedious, time-consuming, and uncomfortable. The GentleLASE System safely removes unwanted body hair without damaging the delicate pores and structures of the skin. Facial and bikini areas are usually completed in under ten minutes: legs, backs, and larger areas can take longer.
What other conditions does the GentleLASE treat?
The GentleLASE system is also effective for the treatment of the large, “blue” leg veins.
What does the laser hair removal treatment include?
Depending on the amount treated, the procedure varies from patient to patient.
Generally, the treatment will include:
- Wearing safety eyewear to protect the practitioner and patient’s eyes from the laser light during the procedure.
- A small handpiece will be used that touches the skin to deliver the laser light. A light spray of coolant onto the skin will be felt just before each laser pulse.
- A test area will be done prior to the entire treatment. Your full treatment may be done on the same day or up to two weeks later, depending on the skin reaction.
- Most patients experience little discomfort at the treatment site because of the dynamic cooling device.
- The degree of discomfort varies with each person, depending on his/her pain threshold. Topical anesthesia may also be requested based on individual preferences or tolerances. Be sure to discuss this in advance of the laser treatment.
- The procedure can take as little as ten minutes or up to an hour, depending on the area treated.
- The treated area may become pink or red with 30 minutes of treatment: this may last from a few hours to several days, and is relieved with the application of ice or cooling gels.
Schedule a laser hair removal appointment at Bellisimo Med Spa in Worcester, MA - and say goodbye to shaving, waxing and tweezing, and hello to smooth, silky, hair-free skin! Call: 508-799-7767